Tuesday, January 1, 2019

First Words



BE CAREFUL OF FIRST WORDS!

Whenever something comes up, an illness, an accident, a layoff, a bill you cannot pay, whatever, the first words you say are powerful. They are a confession of what you believe about a situation. Your mind, your family, and the enemy are listening. 

Whatever your situation, no matter what goes right or wrong in the coming year, or whom you're praying for, be careful of first words! 

Trust in the LORD! 
Whatever you are facing, you all are not alone in it. 

Speak truth!
Facts are what you see with your eyes and hear with your ears, etc. 

Truth is whatever God's Word says! 
You and your family all need to speak life, healing, peace and hope. 

Don't let bad words or statements start a spiral downward. 
Speak God's Word!

Praise and worship!
Fight the good fight with worship and praise. 
The Lord inhabits the praises of His people. 

If you've already spoken first words about a situation, go to God about it. Tell Him about it, and then like the man speaking to Jesus say, "I believe. Help me with my unbelief." Then speak God's truth from that point on. 

Get in God's Word and find the truth!

Make this a year of speaking life, speaking hope, speaking God's promises, and speaking truth. 


May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make his face to shine upon you and bring you peace.

Laura Lane
Trusting in the Lord
for 2019 and beyond


16 comments:

  1. Excellent words, thank you so much Laura. I just read this aloud to my husband. It was very timely for our household after we had a difficult guest tonight :{ also this writing was healing to us. Bless you !

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is powerful. Happy New Year Laura!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely perfect words to remind folks as this new year beings.
    HE is with me always.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this! It is surely something that needs to be a part of my daily life.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My word for 1019 is pause. Fits well here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy New Year Laura, I really love this post...any chance you can post this over on your fb page? This is such wisdom and would love to share it on my page...Yours,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you HAPPINESS,BLESSINGS and HEALTH in 2019
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura,

    This is excellent advice for the New year! It has been a blessing to see how you have put these thoughts into practice right here on your blog.

    May the LORD bless and keep you and your family throughout 2019!

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. WONDERFUL POST for day one of a NEW YEAR...and applicable for each day thereafter. Thank you for sharing this Laura. A gentle hug across the miles. Karla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this post full of wisdom!
    Also, your new background is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Laura I really enjoyed this post. This morning before going out to work in the garden I wrote an article for our church weekly email regarding the thoughts we 'sow'. So it seems to me my attention is really being focused today on choosing my words carefully -whether those words be spoken out loud or silently to myself. Thank you for this post.

    ReplyDelete
  12. An excellent post! By the way, I have enjoyed your blog for over a year but haven't ever commented before. Good stuff!

    Blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind, Nancy. I'm so glad you've broken the ice now. I hope to hear from you often and get to know you. Happy new year and new blessings from our Lord of all creation Jesus!
      Laura

      Delete
  13. Great post Laura, I hope this year is bang up good for you. Last year is over and you strengthen my faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words. You always encourage me.
      Happy new year. I hope this one is much better for you than last year.
      God bless you,
      Laura

      Delete
  14. thank you very much for this post. What a great way to start the new year!
    Thanks for reminding us of this wonderful way of thinking and being.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor