Saturday, December 21, 2019

Christmas in Memory ~ Christmas Now



I feel especially close to my mama and my grandmamas at Christmas time. There are so many precious memories. Alas, all I have of them is the memories. I love Christmas time best. The joy extends back into September as I review Christmas books, October as I begin crafting and listening to Christmas music, November as I begin preparing our home for the holidays, and of course December when I try to focus on our savior Jesus and enjoy the decorations, friends, and all of the above.

This season has been a little challenging. It's all new. New house, no children in the house (youngest is 18 now), change of activities, lots of baking for activities, visiting with friends, and me still recovering from surgery. Add to this needing to wait to buy Christmas gifts until the last minute, and it's been interesting. I've spent a lot of time knitting a pair of socks for my husband, and frankly, I haven't felt much like writing. I hope you haven't given up on me. ~smile~

With Christmas coming soon, and still so much to do, I'm going to take the next couple of weeks and just enjoy the season without concern for writing. I want to focus on now, here, the loved ones in my life, and most of all my relationship with Jesus. So...

I wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new year!
I'll be back in a couple of weeks.

Holiday hugs and Christmas blessings,
Laura Lane
Harvest Lane Cottage





21 comments:

  1. Different here as well. I am missing my loved ones so much, especially husband this year. I am just doing things differently and trying to stay positive for the family.
    I know it is more about Jesus than anything else. My Lord and Savior is why I function each day!

    Enjoy your time my dear.
    MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU AND YOURS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May God bless you and keep your mind stayed on HIM and your blessings, Cheryl. Hugs to you dearie!Laura

      Delete
  2. God bless you, Laura. You have had a lot on your plate this year. I am sending you love and Happy Christmas wishes. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana, I receive that love and happy wishes and bless you in the name of Jesus Christ.I truly hope 2020 is a little easier. I hope to at least avoid more surgeries!Hugs,Laura

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas, Laura! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful thoughts here, my lovely friend.
    Prayers and love and blessings for a peaceful, holy, joyful Christmas Season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Billie Jo. I just ordered the last gifts from Amazon. I was so thankful not to go out shopping. I just don't have the stamina for that right now. ~smile~A blessed, reverent, loving Christmas to you!Laura

      Delete
  5. Laura, I haven't commented before but I've been following you for some time. I can identify with many of your trials. God bless you and yours. I hope you enjoy this wonderful season and your new year is a blessed one. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Janet, Thank you so much for commenting. I love to hear from readers. Thank you for sticking with me through the rough spots. ~smile~ I look forward to a much better year for both of us next year. God bless you, and happy Christmas.Laura

      Delete
  6. Nope, not giving up on you, smiles. Been so busy here with school, I really haven't felt like decorating-the guys took over this year and it was hard to let it go.

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merry Christmas to you and your family! May God Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura wishing you and yours A MERRY CHRISTMAS and A HAPPY,HEALTHY NEW YEAR. Trying to finish the wrapping and relaxing the next few days. Glad the shopping is done.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thinking of you and wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas. Thank goodness for Amazon, huh? With shipping costs so high we had our great grandson's gift shipped directly to his house (crossing our fingers about porch pirates) and it did get there safely. My 2020 bring good health to you and all your family.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry Christmas, Laura! God bless you. 🎄

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't comment often but I enjoy your blog. God bless you with complete healing. Merry Christmas to you and your family and a very blessed New Year. Sharon D.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Comfort and joy to you, Laura
    Hugs and continued prayers,
    -kelly

    ReplyDelete
  13. Laura, Have a very blessed Christmas. Love your beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas to you and your family, Laura! I hope this Christmas proves to be one of the best ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A very blessed and Merry Christmas, Laura! I love your plans and pray you will be very refreshed from your break. Look forward to reading again when you return. Hugs, Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  16. Merry Christmas, Dear Friend! I love you and your family and hope to see much more of you in the coming year! Let's make it a resolution!

    Blessings!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wishing you and yours a safe, blessed, and Merry Christmas as well as a Happy New Year Laura!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor