Friday, August 13, 2021

A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage #168

  Welcome to another...

Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage!

 I'm so glad you've found me! Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God. 

Harvest Lane Cottage
Est. 2019


I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Do say hello!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

Hello ladies,

This week I am continuing to regain stamina. I notice improvement daily. Thank you all for your prayers. This week, I'm going to write my list day-by-day to see if it helps me do something daily. The garden is producing tomatoes, basil, jalapeno peppers, green peppers, and cucumbers right now. I need to find ways to use them or preserve them. Thank you for your bounty LORD.

Here's what I've been up to this week.

Monday
  • I made banana bread from overripe bananas. The plain top had pecans and golden raisins. The one with toppings had raisins and walnuts on one side and just walnuts on the other. 



Tuesday
  • I made pasta sauce from tomatoes, basil and a pepper in our garden. I added onion and spices. 






Wednesday
  • I crocheted another dishcloth while visiting with a friend and drinking peach iced tea. I steeped one family size bag of Lipton tea and one single serving size bag of Celestial Seasonings peach tea in 1 1/2 quarts of boiling water. I let it cool, added ice, and served it. It made two quarts. 

Thursday
  • I made a long to do list. By the time I headed to bed, nearly all of it was finished. I didn't really do anything thrifty, but it felt good to get some things done.
  • More crocheting and a bit of knitting on a toddler hat made with yarn my friend gave to me. Thanks Beth! I had to stop, because my hands were tired. 
Friday
  • I said good-bye to my Amy who is off to college. She's my youngest. It seems surreal. She's in a nearby city. So we'll see her, but she's living on campus.
  • Feeling tired today, so nothing extra, but I do need to get the wedding gift ready for tomorrow.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

Thank you for praying for Penny when she had limp tail. She is back to normal and wagging that tail regularly.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

A Verse for You

"Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom, teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."
Colossians 3:16
~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~
That's my thrifty week.
What are you doing in your home this week?

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

ღLauraღ
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!


~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

For those of us who are praying for healing....


* One thing that helps me keep busy is listening to audio books on Scribd

It's only $9.99 a month for unlimited audiobooks from major publishers, books, magazines, sheet music, podcasts, and documents as you want.

I get well over $9.99 a month in value. I love it.

You can get a free 2 month trial by using my Scribd  link. I'll get a month free, too, so it's win-win to try it out. 


In love since 1981.
For richer or poorer since 1986.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting to feel better. I bet you are missing your youngest. They grow up quickly. What a sweet pup.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you are doing better! I hope your daughter has a happy and safe school year. And it’s wonderful to hear sweet Penny is wagging again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the way you put your length of years under your photo. I'm going to borrow that if you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For some reason, I find that making a daily list also helps me accomplish more and remember the things that need doing. If they don't happen, they get moved to tomorrow's list!

    Blessings on the new chapter of life with your youngest living in the dorm and not at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are feeling better. We had Covid in Dec-Jan and it took a while to feel better. I just got a breast cancer diagnosis so on to another challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So thankful your gaining renewed strength each day Laura :) and that your sweet dog is doing better too. To answer your question, what do I have on hand? well I have some material all ready to go to make 2 new nighties. I just need to cut out the pattern and the material :) I may get it done today. I'm trying to pay of some bills at the moment, so I'm not doing any large grocery shops and choosing to eat from our freezer and store cupboard, which is a good idea anyway as things get used up and don't stay too long in the freezer etc. It feels good :) Blessings to you sweet friend ~ Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dulce hermana, eres muy rica espiritualmente, que Dios te siga dando salud y bienestar. Aprecio tus oraciones, gracias por pasar por mi blog. Me gusta mucho el crochet, tambien vivimos con un presupuesto muy ajustado, pero Dios es muy misericirdioso, vivimos por su gra amor y su providencia. BENDICIONES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Laura, glad to hear you're regaining your stamina. Sounds like you accomplished a lot in one week. Your banana bread looks delicious and it has inspired me to get my last jar of mashed banana out of the freezer and make a loaf today.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor