Sunday, September 26, 2021

A Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage #170

Post contains affililiate links.  

Welcome to another...

Thrifty Week at Harvest Lane Cottage!

 I'm so glad you've found me! Each week I share my thrifty and frugal projects, ways of saving money, and my blessings from God. 

The New
Harvest Lane Cottage
Est. 2019


I am so glad you dropped in for a visit today—or tonight!
Do say hello!

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

Hello ladies,

  IT'S HERE! Fall is my absolute favorite time of the year. I've been doing some end of summer things, some preparing for Christmas things, and some use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without things this past week. I'll be having surgery on Wednesday. Your prayers will be appreciated. Hopefully, I will recover quickly and be able to take full advantage of this wonderful season.

Here's what I've been up to lately.

~ I have been using Walmart Pick-Up. Fewer impulse purchases. 

~ I planned to purchase a new tea, but my friend brought me a box before I ordered it! Blessing! Thank you Joyce! 
~ Joyce also brought me some jalapeno jam. Yum. I'll serve it over cream cheese with crackers. Thanks Joyce. 


~ I ordered another set of sparkly nail polish strips from Lily & Fox for $2.99 with free shipping. They're a fall color called Point Blank. Yay fall! They are so easy. I make them last longer by using Sally Hanson's shiny gel top coat

 
~ I used envelopes that I made myself to catch up on correspondence.


~ I used simple note paper made from leftover scrap paper.


~ I returned a pair of shoes that didn't fit my husband by mail. Hoping the refund comes without trouble. I sent it priority mail for only twenty cents extra, and it came with $50 insurance.

~ I am reading The Unlikely Yarn of the Dragon Lady—a book I received for free from the publisher for review. Enter the giveaway here.

 
~ I'm knitting socks for gifts using yarn that was given to me or I had on hand. Thank you so much to the ladies who have given me sock yarn! You know who you are.



~ I made iced tea several times. I use one family size Lipton tea bag and one single serve Constant Comment, peach, or peppermint tea bag. Refreshing!

~ Not sure if you'd call it thrifty, but I've been eating lots of salads especially for lunch.

I'm listening to The Power of a Praying Wife by Stormi Omartian on Scribd.

~ I mended my daughter's big fluffy pink bed pillow.

~ I sewed three buttons on a dress. It will last another season, though it's beginning to show wear.

~  I reviewed Courageous Legacy. I highly recommend it. It's in theaters now!


~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

A Verse for You

"Teach me to do your will for you are my God; 
may your good Spirit lead me on level ground."
Psalm 143:10

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

That's my thrifty week.
What are you doing in your home this week?

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

ღLauraღ
...doing what I can with what I've got
where I am on a short shoestring budget!


~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

For those of us who are praying for healing....


* One thing that helps me keep busy is listening to audio books on Scribd

It's only $9.99 a month for unlimited audiobooks from major publishers, books, magazines, sheet music, podcasts, and documents as you want.

I get well over $9.99 a month in value. I love it.

You can get a free 2 month trial by using my Scribd  link. I'll get a month free, too, so it's win-win to try it out. 


In love since 1981.
For richer or poorer since 1986.

~~~~~
♥♥♥
~~~~~

9 comments:

  1. You had quite a thrifty week. Good job.
    Prayers that all goes well with your surgery and you have a quick and complete healing.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryl. That means a lot coming from you. I admire you so much!

      Delete
    2. Hello sweet Laura. My your nails are lovely! And I adore that picture of you and your sweetie! You have been married almost as long as we have! we are not rich either but happy as larks!

      Delete
    3. And by that... I assume larks are quite happy!

      Delete
  2. ESTARE ORANDO MUCHO POR TI QUERIDA LAURA, PUEDO PREGUNTAR DE QUE TE VAN A OPERAR? PERDONA MI INDISCRECION, LA SANGRE DE CRISTO TE PROTEJERA TODO EL TIEMPO, HAY PODER EN LA SANGRE DERRAMADA EN LA CRUZ. ESTOY EN PREPARATIVOS DE UN GRAN CUMPLEAÑOS, MI HIJA PRISCILA CUMPLE 15 AÑOS EL SABADO 2 DE OCTUBRE, FALTA 1 SEMANA, ASI QUE ESTAMOS ORGANIZANDO UNA FIESTA MUY FAMILIAR, CON TODOS MIS HIJOS, NIETOS,NUERAS Y YERNOS. ¿SABIAS QUE AQUI EN MI PAIS LOS 15 AÑOS DE UNA NIÑA SON UN MOMENTO MUY ESPECIAL? SE CELEBRA EN GRANDE, PERO POR LA PANDEMIA, NO SE PUEDE HACER REUNIONES CON MUCHAS PERSONAS Y EL ALQUILER DE UN SALON ES MUY COSTOSO PARA MI PRESUPUESTO, ASI QUE LO HAREMOS EN EL PATIO TRASERO DE MI CASA, YA QUE HAY MUCHO ESPACIO, ESTOY HACIENDO DECORACIONES Y COCINANDO LO LO MAS QUE PUEDA PARA COMPARTIR CON LOS PARIENTES, SERA UNA SEMANA MUY AGITADA, ELLA ESTA MUY ENTUSIASMADA CON SU FIESTA, UNA DE MIS HIJAS LE REGALO UN HERMOSO VESTIDO, NO VE LA HORA DE USARLO JAJAJA. ELLA ES MUY INOCENTE, TIENE RETRASO MADURATIVO DEBIDO AL SINDROME DE DOWN, VIVE EN UN MUNDO DE FANTASIA, YO LA AMO DESDE EL DIA QUE DIOS ME PERMITIO CONOCERLA Y SER SU MAMA, YA HAN PASADO 11 AÑOS DESDE ESE DIA, ME SIENTO MUY BENDECIDA. PUBLICARE FOTOS EN MI BLOG DEL DIA DEL CUMPLEAÑOS. BENDICIONES Y QUE DIOS TE GUARDE DE TODO MAL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for praying! The surgery is a follow-up to my breast cancer.
      I'm very happy for you and your daughter. That is a wonderful thing. There are many Guatamalan and Mexican families here in Carthage that celebrate the quinceanera for their daughters. It's exciting.
      God bless you both!
      Laura

      Delete
  3. I will be praying for you this week for your surgery, protection from illness or infection and for healing. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I always enjoy your thrifty posts so much! You tickle me with those cutesy socks! Yes we need the healing Word of God! Prayers for your recovery. I agree that's a great photo of you & your Beau :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor