Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Rainy Fall Day Joy

 

We have had almost no rain since spring. All of the lakes, all of the ponds, all of the rivers are very very low. Saturday, it was so dry and crusty as we went for our Fall Foliage tour, I asked Google, "Will it ever rain again in Carthage, Missouri?" To my surprise, it said there was a 100% chance of rain on Monday! That gave me something to look forward to.

In spite of the forecast, I was very surprised and pleased that it rained all day yesterday. The forecast is for rain all day today also. So I am taking a mini vacation at home. I am knitting and I am watching old movies on my phone and my tablet. Of course I get up and do the housework things, too, in between.

Substitute teaching does not pay very well in southern Missouri. I am happy, however, that I chose to substitute rather than teach full time. It is for days like this, when I just want to be cozy at home, that I chose the part-time work with freedom to choose when and where I shall work. 

Today, I choose home!

Have a lovely day whatever the weather! 

Blessings from the cottage,

Laura 

Now, I am going to cast on a pair of Fall socks! Follow me on Instagram for frequent updates.

@lauraofharvestlane

2 comments:

  1. I am happy you were blessed by rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura~ I love a rainy day, and I'm so happy that you are getting rain where you live! We have also been in a drought, and we have also been getting some wonderful rain showers. I think substitute teachers are a life saver. My grandson was telling me just the other day that he loved his - sub - he said she was so much fun. I'll bet you are wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your cozy week. Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor