Tuesday, May 31, 2016

My Daybook ~ May 31, 2016

Join us at The Simple Woman!
Dear Ladies, 

Hello! 
  It's been quite some time since I've written a daybook. I thought it would be nice to jot a few things down again. 
May God grant you the desires of your heart as you delight in Him.
God bless you!
Laura
~~~~~
For Today... May 31 , 2016

Outside my window... It's been a rainy afternoon, but the sun is now peeking out.

I am thinking... about ways to make a little money.

I am thankful... that I received an unexpected check in the mail.

I am wearing... a black blouse, my denim skirt, and my black flip flops with rhinestones

I am creating... hmmm... not really anything except the ongoing dishcloth crocheting. They are so helpful for wedding showers. I like to pair them with a bottle of dish soap for a nice practical gift. 

I am going... nowhere. We decided not to go to my daughter's archery meeting because of the rain.

I am wondering... what time my husband will get home. ~smile~ He had a meeting after work.  His commute is an hour and a half each way.

I am reading... I just posted my reviews of The Sleep Revolution, Murder Comes by Mail, and Mother and Son.

I am hoping... to finish everything up for this school year in the next week or so. Then I can think about next year. ~smile~

I am learning... ummmmm... how to respect my husband and sons better.

In the homeschool room... School's out for now. We took a 4-H Photography field trip to a nearby nature center.
A peek into one of my days... Memorial Day to be exact.

One of my favorite things...

From the Board Room... Follow Laura's board 4th of July! on Pinterest.
****************************
Have a wonderful week!
Laura
Happy at Home

4 comments:

  1. I always enjoy your posts, Laura. Have a beautiful day, friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You too Linda! I'll be over for a visit in just a bit.

      Delete
  2. How beautiful to find the smiles in the mundane, right? My husband also commutes an hour and a half to work each day. I'm thankful that he has a job and provides for us in monetary fashion, but we sure do miss him while he's gone all day! Hope you have a blessed week and thanks for sharing with us at the homestead blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I wish they both didn't travel so long. It makes for very tired husbands. One price of not living in the big city. Three hours a day would wipe me out.

      Delete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor