Thursday, September 28, 2023

What I'm Reading... September 28

Hello dear ladies,

This is what I've been reading this week!

 


I will finish A Royal Christmas quickly. I started it yesterday. It's a page turner! I set the mood with instrumental Christmas music, cappucino, and a holiday candle. Look for my review this weekend.

 


I've been listening to God's Story in 66 Verses a bit at a time. It's an interesting approach to a Bible overview. The chapters are short— usually five or six minutes. I'm listening on Scribd. 



I've been listening to Plaid and Plagiarism for about a week. It's a new cozy mystery series for me. It's set in Scotland in a little town and a lovely bookshop. I have read Molly MacRae before and enjoyed her writing. I'm listening on Scribd. 


I've forgotten how long I've been listening to John Adams by David McCullough. As you can see, I have nearly 15 hours left. I'm about 50% through the book. It's heavy. I usually listen while I'm driving or doing housework. I'm listening on Scribd. 

This week, I've knitted, cross-stitched, and made jalapeno jam while listening to books. I truly enjoy listening so very much.

Have a great week ending!
Laura

*I signed up for a free trial of Scribd in February 2019. It's an app where you can read or listen to books for just $11.99 a month with no limit.  

I kept the plan, because we really use it and like it a lot. We especially like the extensive list of audio books. Take a look. If you sign up from this link, you can get a two free months trial, and I'll get one month free, too.


Find me online here:

Laura Lane on Goodreads
2023  48 Finished Books
Goal 51
@lauraofharvestlane on Instagram
laura@harvestlanecottage.com
PayPal: lauraofharvestlane@gmail.com 
Address available by email


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to see if our library has that cozy mystery series on audio. I really like to listen to books too while I do housework or knit. I finished all of the books in the last series I listened to and would like to find a new one.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked Paige Shelton's Scottish Bookshop cozy mysteries, too.

      Delete

Thanks for writing me back!

This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Laura Lane