Friday, September 22, 2023

Autumn or Fall I Enjoy It All


AUTUMN THOUGHTS

I love Autumn. 
It has long been my favorite time of year. We live in Carthage, the Maple Leaf City.

Fall means the Maple Leaf Festival and the biggest parade in the four states.

Fall means pumpkins! Quite few years ago, my husband and I lived in the country and had a pumpkin patch. I loved everything about it. I loved seeing the baby pumpkins as they formed and grew. I loved harvesting them. I loved selling them and the craft items I'd made. The name Harvest Lane came from our farm, Harvest Lane Farm. I'd been Laura of Harvest Lane online for awhile; so, when we moved to town, we called our home Harvest Lane Cottage.

Fall is apple cider with mulling spices, chai tea, homemade from scratch cocoa, smoke from our wood stove, soup simmering on the stove or in the Crock Pot, bread baking in the oven, the smells of pumpkin and cinnamon coming from my oven or my favorite candles.

Fall is snuggling up with a good book while I listen to the rain falling outside, once thankful that my children were gathered around me. Now they're grown, thankful for my cozy, warm, dry home.

Fall means walks with my little dog looking for pretty leaves.

Fall means planning for Christmas gifts, sneaking in a little Christmas music while I'm working, and creating for for friends and family.  

Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage
Looking forward to my favorite season.

~~~~~ 
May I suggest?
A Plain and Simple Christmas
~~~~~ 



8 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and oh, so true! Autumn has been my favorite season for many, many years. LOVE it!
    --Elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura~ I love fall too! Thank you for the recipes and the link to your favorite candle... I'm always looking for something yummy! Happy Fall! Hugs, Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy fall too mainly because of the cooler weather after a humid, hot summer. But I really don't like winter or the scary times of driving in the snow. Fall is wonderful for all of the reasons you listed. I'm looking forward to a nice cup of chai tea soon.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just sitting here writing a Fall bucket list...I loved finding your list as I was thinking about my own! I have decided I need to create seasonal reading. In April, I read April themed books. At Christmas, I gather Christmas based books. Now I want Fall themed books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fall is my favorite time of year! 💕

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, that is so interesting - that you had a pumpkin farm! And to know where your blog name originated! Sounds like you are in your happy place..er, season! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love fall too. I look forward to wearing my fall sweater which I should post it some time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for "talking back" to me!

I read all comments and appreciate them.
Please make sure I have your email if you want me to respond or pray for you.

God bless you! This life only works with Jesus. The next life is a continuation of this one—make sure you spend it with Jesus. Jesus is the only way to God the Father!

Your blog friend,
Laura Lane
5 Year Cancer Survivor